Workplace safety and safety culture are critical considerations for employers who wish to promote the health and well-being of their workforce and control workers’ compensation costs.
- The NC Safety Council Annual Conference is in May in Greensboro, North Carolina every year.
- The North Carolina Office of State Human Resource is has a listing of several helpful state and federal resources related to workplace safety.
- The North Carolina Department of Labor has a listing of Occupational Safety and Health Topics A to Z.
Safety begins with prevention, and below we’ve put together a collection of resources on the topic:
- When a Worker is Injured – 4 Critical Steps for Employers
- Best Practices for Initial Investigations in Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Cost Containment Strategies for Defense of Workers’ Comp Claims
- Video Surveillance- Make Sure Crucial Evidence is Admissible
- Navigating the Return to Work Process
- NC Court of Appeals Sets New Precedent for Employers