In North Carolina, there are multiple forms a workers’ compensation claims adjuster (adjuster) must use, and it can be confusing to determine what forms should be filed, and when they should be filed, with the North Carolina Industrial Commission (NCIC).

The first question an adjuster should answer is whether the injured employee missed more than 1 day of work or incurred $2,000.00 or more in medical treatment.  If so, the adjuster should file a Form 19 with the NCIC, and the adjuster should send a copy of the Form 19, along with a blank Form 18 to the employee.

Upon receiving notice of the incident, the adjuster’s duty to investigate the compensability of the claim is triggered, and the adjuster must file a form accepting (Form 60) ; accepting without prejudice (Form 63) or denying (Form 61) the compensability of the claim.

To assist the adjuster with mastering this process, as well as learning other NCIC forms they may encounter in both accepted and denied cases, we have created the Guide to NCIC Forms for Employers/Carriers/Administrators.

If you have questions concerning the filing of forms for your specific case, please contact your CSH attorney today.


Resource Download

Enter your email below and we will send you the link to download this reference material. Thank you!