Form 24 Changes Effective 11/1/2014
As of November 1, 2014, the Industrial Commission has implemented several important new changes for Form 24 litigation.
- Defendants will no longer have to pay a $175.00 filing fee to the Industrial Commission.
- Defendants must file Form 24 Applications with the Industrial Commission through Electronic Document Fee Portal (EDFP*). The Industrial Commission has instructed defendants to submit Form 24 Applications through EDFP and choose the “Pay Later” option, but defendants will not be billed the filing fee- the charge will be deleted once the Form 24 Application is processed. (NCIC Rule 04 NCAC 10A .0404)
- Defendants should submit all Form 24 Applications, Responses, or Supplemental Filings to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Tiffany Davalos by fax at (919) 715-0282.
- Defendants should include the Industrial Commission file number in the subject line on all Form 24 submissions/communications.
- Defendants must serve Form 24 Applications on pro se plaintiffs via U.S. Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested.
- Defendants must serve Form 24 Applications on plaintiffs represented by counsel via fax or email only. Defendants must copy the Industrial Commission (via email@example.com) for email service or provide the Industrial Commission with confirmation of fax delivery.
*Instructions for registering for EDFP may be found here.
Questions? Please visit the Industrial Commission website or consult with your CSH Law Attorney.